Friday, April 8, 2011

Onslaught

I have watched this video over five times, and each time it gave me a creepy feeling.  This video really made me think about about how prevalent beauty campaigns are in the public sector.  Even if you tried to avoid media that promoted these kind of standards, you wouldn't be able to surf TV channels, drive down the highway, or go to the movies. I just wish campaigns like this were half as prevalent as the campaigns that promote unrealistic female beauty standards!

I love what Dove is doing in their campaign for Real Beauty, everyone should feel comfortable in their own skin!

Video Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6JvK0W60I

1 comment:

  1. The Real Beauty campaign by Dove has a number of excellent ads that address beauty, the media, the branding of teenagers. It would be helpful if those ads were more prevalent - I have never seen one on mainstream TV - have you? Middle School girls are a very important target for this particular ad.

    ReplyDelete